Thursday, July 25, 2013

Where Does This Door Go

So much for consistently updating my blog... I now have more catching up to do... Okay.

On the 13th of June my mom, sister and I arrived in the Netherlands. We had a good flight and after the flight we had a 3 hour drive to Zeeland which is the province in which I will be studying. Here we are staying in a holiday house that is about 30 min away from my university and with that from my dorm room so it has given me the opportunity to go exploring in my uni's city! 

During our stay in Holland we went to a whole bunch of cities (quite often to go to ikea...)
- So stayed in Zeeland for a bit 
- went to an ikea in I think Breda
- went to Amsterdam to visit my granddad and we went to dinner with him
- my cousin came to Zeeland to stay with us for two days which was a lot of fun and I was able to show her where I will be living and studying
- we went to Limburg for an anniversary party of my parents friends from Beijing and stayed in Sittard for 3 nights in a great bed & breakfast, during this trip we also went to Maastricht and the "drielandenpunt" which is where the borders of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands meet.
- During these times we also went to the ikea in Barendrecht, Delft and I think 2 other places or to the same ones (in total we went 5 times... about 4 too many haha! But it was for my dorm room so it was actually quite fun)

On July 6th I also found out that I passed all my exams!! YAY! I found out at the airport because we were there to pick up my dad and at 14:00 our time the results came online! I am really happy with how I did and was so happy, relieved, excited and overwhelmed all at the same time! 

We also went to Apeldoorn which is where I lived before we moved to Beijing to fix up our house a bit and I was able to meet up with some friends and meet up with family. 

After this trip to Apeldoorn we drove to Calais in France which is where one end of the Eurotunnel to Folkestone in England is located. At first the idea of going under the sea level scared me a bit but it was fine and it took only 35 minutes to get to England! So we spent a few days in England! We stayed with 3 different families for 2 days each. We were able to go to Oxford for a day (which I loved) and we went to London for a day. We also caught up with our friends. But I will make a more detailed post about this asap! 

With my sister and my granddad


Maastricht

A bookstore in an old church in Maastricht

Maastricht

At the "drielandenpunt"

Standing on two borders and in three countries


No comments:

Post a Comment