Friday, November 28, 2014

Lips Are Movin

Every time I start writing on this blog again I promise myself that I will keep it up. But then the semester starts again or I get busy with other things and I forget about it completely for a while, then feel guilty towards myself for not continuing the blog and then postpone it because I think it has been way too long since I posted anything anyway.

It is now almost the end of my third semester of university and so much has happened that I don't even know where to begin. So rather than complete throwbacks I will simply start with something recent and throughout new blogposts I will tell things that happened previously related to more "current events".

Speaking of how fast time flies, my 20th birthday was last week Sunday! Instead of a birthday the celebration turned into a birthweek practically, starting Friday evening until Thursday's lunchbreak. Friday I had a party with friends from university. Saturday I celebrated with my dad who was in Holland for two weeks. We went to dinner at this amazing restaurant called Spicebrush de Proeferij in Apeldoorn after which we went to see Mockingjay part 1. Sunday I was woken up by my dad accompanied by my mom and sister on skype who sang happy birthday to me to wake me up. It was really wonderful and made me feel as if I was home with all of them. We had breakfast in bed and went for a run together which we hadn't done in about 5 years. In the evening he had to go back to Singapore and I went back to Middelburg where I spent the evening with three wonderful friends. Monday morning, while I was at work, there was a flower delivery service and my dad had arranged for 20 red roses to be delivered. This is a tradition that my dad always gives us the number of red roses equal to our new age. I had forgotten about it during the weekend but it was the best surprise while at work! In the evening two other friends made me sushi and a chocolate cheesecake and we had a lovely evening. And then this past Thursday I had a birthday lunch with my sorority (yep I joint a sorority and I don't think I posted about that yet so more about that soon) and they gave me absolutely deliciously smelling (is that proper English?) perfume!

It was an absolutely wonderful birthday and I am very grateful and happy that I got spend the time with family and friends. So to everyone that made this birthday celebration happen, you know who you are, thank you!


Birthday girls!

Running with papa!
Lovely birthday evening with these girls <3

Surprise roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment