Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hideaway

One of the best parts of studying in Zeeland is that the beach is less than a 30 minute bike ride away. And so if we want we can be at the beach and back within an hour. Most of my days off from work are unfortunately rainy but I have had three beautiful days at the beach so far this summer which makes me remember just how wonderful it is to live here for a while!

The first time I had a day off that was also a sunny day was almost two weeks ago now. While still in bed I sent a text to a friend, who then replied that she would be picking me up in 5 minutes... And yes exactly 5 minutes later there she was and together with two more of our friends we went to the beach! 




Then yesterday and the day before that, both myself and Tisha had two days off and the weather was absolutely beautiful so we spent two days tanning, reading and swimming at the beach in Vlissingen, soaking up some vitamin D and mentally preparing to go back to work again today!  



1 comment: