Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Reflection

Working out has become my favorite part of the day. That may sound incredibly unbelievable but in a schedule filled with sitting down and having to use my brain, getting my body stronger is liberating. I have two midterm exams tomorrow and should definitely spend all day studying.. or should I? I don't understand the concept of all nighters, my brain does not even come close to functioning properly on too little sleep. Better to sleep a few extra hours and be able to think logically instead of "knowing" a few more facts that I'll be too tired to recall on the exam. I've been studying all these materials for weeks and still am stressed out of my mind for tomorrow. But I am not going to let this stop me from doing today's workout, working out is good for your body and your brain and it feels empowering to feel my muscles working hard. So a short post for today, I had wanted to post something this past weekend but I didn't because I was studying then also... I just got back from my driving lesson and am extremely nauseous from being driven back home (I get carsick if I am not the one behind the wheel) so am taking a break from studying.
It's strange how you know that exams do not dictate life and death, and still freak out completely over the idea of not doing well. Preparing the best you can is all you can do and I think I need to believe that I am doing my best and that that is enough. So on that note I am going to get back to studying now. One more day and then I have a week off from classes (plenty of homework but that's of later concern) and my dad will be in Holland for that week!

Here are two youtube video's for workout motivation that I really like (watch them if you need a study break ;) 1 and 2). And if you are reading this; have a good day (regardless of pressures, exams or other stressful things)! You got this!

Groetjes!


View from my Tuesday morning 5km run. Spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment