Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Sea Is Calling

May 21, 2013

After going through the majority of my possessions I had packed 8 boxes filled with items and clothing that I wanted to bring to my new dorm room. On May 21st the moving company came to my house to "repack" the boxes and what I had packed in 8 boxes was put into about 4,5 boxes! So I was able to bring 2 cupboards and more items! It was both exciting and frightening to have see these boxes in my room. Although I was super excited for a new adventure, at the same time I was also quite nervous. It took about 2 hours but then the moving company took my boxes in their van and they were gone. I was left in a half empty room. After living in a room for 3 years it is very strange to see that same room with empty walls and it brings back memories from the things that happened in the 3 years that I lived in Beijing.

I was far more connected to that room than the one that I left behind 3 years ago so it was quite tough to leave. Right now my things have been on the boat for about 1 or 2 weeks so they should be arriving around the end of July or the beginning of August. I haven't checked the online tracking system even though I probably should... It is exciting to look for new furniture though! Because I was not able to bring all my furniture I need a new bed, desk, chairs, closets, bookcases etc. I have bought a lot of smaller items for the kitchen and bathroom but I have not yet bought the bigger items. I have found a bed I like, I had to leave my old bed in Beijing because it is far to big for my dorm room. From Ikea I found a table that I like, a closet and bookcase. The only thing I still need from the bigger items are chairs. I think I am only going to get 2 and then if I have more people coming for dinner they might need to bring their own chairs. If it ends up fitting in the room I might get 4 but we will see about that. I am also thinking of a color for one of the walls in the room so that it is not just white and I think I have an idea! On the 1st of August I am getting my key and then we will paint where necessary, clean and then buy my furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment